This highly respected Social Enterprise which includes an IT centre, theatre, library and village outreach, is looking for an experienced, innovative and enthusiastic Manager to develop, manage and promote all aspects of its work. In so doing, the successful applicant will lead and support a highly motivated team and collaborate closely with local businesses, statutory partners and social interests.
This highly respected Social Enterprise which includes an IT centre, theatre, library and village outreach, is looking for an experienced, innovative and enthusiastic manager to develop, manage and promote all aspects of its work. In so doing, the successful applicant will lead and support a highly motivated team and collaborate closely with local businesses, statutory partners and social interests.
ESWS Business management, resourcing and development
- Proactively generate and develop business opportunities and alliances, with strategic support from the Chair and Board of Directors
- Market and promote ESWS services to the local community including businesses
- Manage and develop the ESWS and bishopscastle.biz websites
- Manage and support the Bishop’s Castle Business Network in partnership with the Marches Growth Hub
- Provide business support and/or training to individual clients and businesses and seek opportunities to develop further training and support services to the wider community
Deployment of Staff and Resources
- Recruit, induct and train new employees, monitoring their probation period
- Maintain fair and robust procedures for the recruitment, performance management, development and resourcing of staff, maintaining a team ethos
- Actively pursue income generating opportunities using existing resources and seek ways to introduce additional resources and income streams
- Mentor and motivate team to share vision for growth and development of ESWS and it’s resources
- Seek and apply for grants that support the business and development of ESWS
- Manage building and grounds, including tenants, ensuring compliance with relevant H&S legislation
- Develop and maintain a risk register for all aspects of ESWS business
- Set and meet appropriately challenging goals and KPIs, including those for income generation, with reference to the Chair/Board of Directors
- Work closely with Directors and Deputy Manager to provide accurate and timely financial and other information so that the Board can fulfil their responsibilities to steer, support and challenge
- Develop and maintain collaborative and effective relationships between ESWS and its partners, including the promotion of its attributes and achievements
- Progress the development of future opportunities and develop appropriate marketing and promotion procedures to support this.
N.B. Whilst the main duties and responsibilities of the post are described above, the list is not exhaustive; other duties commensurate with the grade may be requested.
Required skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience of working with or for a social enterprise
- A strong team leader and worker
- Strong verbal and written communication/interpersonal (including tender writing) skills
- Analytical, problem-solving, time management and planning skills
- Ability to perform various tasks at the same time, producing excellent results
- Skill in operating a range of computer software, including Microsoft Office packages.
- Understanding of the issues facing community and local businesses with a keen interest in the priorities and aspirations of the area
- A degree or equivalent in a related field, such as business management
- An adult teaching or advice and guidance qualification
- Previous experience of business development and co-ordination of community support services.
Salary: £30,000 - £33,000 p.a.
Hours: 9am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday (37.5pw)
Holidays: 25 days plus statutory Bank Holidays
Place of work: Enterprise House, Bishop’s Castle, with some home working if required by prior agreement
Responsible to: Chair of Board
To apply for this excellent opportunity, please send your CV in Word format to Julia Hughes firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01584 877677. Please also attach a cover letter stating why you are interested in this role. Closing date Friday 14th August.
Working Solutions are acting as an agency on this position and only those candidates able to work in the UK are eligible to apply.
Whether you’re seeking a new permanent position or temporary assignment you’ll find us friendly and professional. Located in central Ludlow, Shropshire we focus on jobs in the West Midlands, Shropshire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Powys and UK-wide. Working Solutions has been established for 25 years and with the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.
LocationBishops Castle, Shropshire
Salary£30,000 - £33,000 p/a
RoleCompany Manager, Enterprise South West Shropshire
9.00 - 5.30, Monday to Friday
How to applyPlease Contact Julia Hughes - Senior Recruitment Consultant
01584 877 677
Contact NameJulia Hughes