A skilled landscaper is required with high attention to detail, excellent quality work and a positive and friendly attitude.You will be in charge of a small team of landcapers and will be the face of the business when dealing with Clients. You must be confident and experienced leading a team; you will be confident in quoting for jobs, negotiating with suppliers and dealing with Clients from all backgrounds.
As part of the role you will also work alongside a team of gardeners in combined projects, providing soft landscaping such as turfing, hedge cutting and planting. However, your duties will predominantly be in hard landscaping and will include patio/brick laying, fencing, decking and ground work. Labouring will be required as necessary.
You will be expected to work well within a team and follow detailed instructions but also show the ability to lead when required.
This is a permanent, full time role with an immediate start.
Working hours: 8:00am - 4:00pm Monday to Friday. Overtime is available.
Salary £25,000 - £30,000 DOE
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
- It is essential that you have practical experience in a similar role. This must include fencing, patio/brick laying, decking and ground work.
- Proof of working in landscaping to a high standard with a keen eye for detail and a desire for excellence.
- Take real pride in your work and have a responsible attitude towards the projects and the commitments to the clients, showing care and thought in your work.
- Be well presented in your appearance and respectful to clients, their property and gardens.
- Full driving licence. Ability to operate diggers is essential.
- Enjoy working outdoors in all weathers and have experience doing so.
- Be physically fit and able to have a flexible, can-do attitude.
- Have a good knowledge of health and safety with respect to gardening and landscaping.
Due to a close alliance with their sister Gardening company, there is a great variety of exciting projects and work shared between the client base. They are never short of jobs throughout the year and the variety of projects and bringing together of the two teams brings a lively and innovative atmosphere. They are always looking for new and inventive ways to improve their work and provide solutions.
To apply for this excellent opportunity, please send your CV in Word format to Esme Hamblin email@example.com or call on 01584 877677. Please also attach a cover letter stating why you are interested in this role.
Working Solutions are acting as an agency on this position. We will expect you to bring evidence of Right to work in the UK if you are shortlisted for interview.
Whether you’re seeking a new permanent position or temporary assignment you’ll find us friendly and professional. Located in central Ludlow, Shropshire we focus on jobs in the West Midlands, Shropshire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Powys and UK-wide. Working Solutions has been established for 25 years and with the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.