Would you like to start a career in Recruitment? This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, keen person to join our friendly and supportive team and train with us in our organisation based in central Ludlow. The opportunity is open to Kickstart applicants only.
25 hrs per week, 5 days per week Monday-Friday - National Minimum Wage for Age. Opportunity for overtime and bonus for high performers.
The new Government “Kickstart” scheme aims to tackle youth unemployment through a commitment to subsidise six months of wages for 16-24 year olds with limited skills/ experience who would otherwise struggle to get into employment. Working Solutions are very keen to support young people in the local area. We are seeking applications from people who would be interested in working for us under the Kickstart scheme. We do not expect this to be a home working role, we have a large office in central Ludlow with covid safe measures in place.
We will be offering a placement to 1 person in April 2021 - please apply by 19 April 2021 to start on 26 April 2021
We will work closely with you in subjects such as: CV preparation, interviewing, how to prepare for a job interview, how to identify viable jobs etc. It will be your job to support the two recruitment consultants with a wide variety of tasks. During your 6 month placement with Working Solutions we will give you the opportunity to work in all areas of our business including marketing, database maintenance, recruitment, administration and liaising with candidates and clients - you can get a feel for it all.
In particular you will learn to:
- Write and place professional and effective job advertisements to attract candidates
- Use marketing tools to generate business and source candidates
- Source, develop and manage candidate relationships
- Qualify candidate suitability for current or future vacancies / clients, through questioning and referencing
The role pays national minimum wage relevant to your age for 25 hours per week, we may look to increase your hours if both parties are happy. If after the 6 months we both feel we are the right fit for each other there will be an opportunity to apply for full time permanent employment with us or an apprenticeship in Recruitment at level 2 or 3.
Hours: 3 days per week: 9am – 5pm Mondays, Tuesday mornings, Wednesdays and Thursdays (25 hours pw) and we may look to increase your hours during busy periods
- Excellent communication - both written and verbal - being able to spell accurately is important for this work as well as being confident on the phone
- Excellent time management and organisational abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A commitment to developing self and others – keen to learn new skills
- Strong analytical approach and attention to detail
- A flexible approach to your work in a fast paced environment
- Meeting all procedures and carrying out relevant processes to ensure industry codes of ethics and relevant legislation are adhered to
- Inputting data regarding existing and potential clients into the database
- Proactively working with our Recruitment Consultant to source flexible workers for the Tempdesk
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- High expectations
- Sense of humour
- Team player – able to ask for and offer help as appropriate
Desired qualifications: GCSE Maths and English Grade A-C/9-4 or equivalent (desired).
Future prospects: We believe that by working in our organisation you will be given the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills and experience that will allow you to be successfully employed in the future.
If you wish to be referred to this opportunity speak to your work coach at your local job centre and have them refer you to JOB ID: KS8893C2ED and apply with your CV to Julia Hughes by email: email@example.com.
You should only proceed with this application if you: Are aged 16-24; receive Universal credit and are deemed at risk of long term unemployment; meet the Criteria set out by the UK Government to be eligible for the Kickstart Scheme.
Whether you’re seeking a new permanent position or temporary assignment you’ll find us friendly and professional. Located in central Ludlow, Shropshire we focus on jobs in the West Midlands, Shropshire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Powys and UK-wide. Working Solutions has been established for 26 years and with the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.
Salary£4.55 - £8.91 p/h
RoleTrainee Recruitment Assistant (Kickstart scheme)
25 hours per week
How to applyPlease Contact Julia Hughes - Senior Recruitment Consultant
01584 877 677
Contact NameJulia Hughes