This is a very exciting opportunity to join a successful manufacturing business based in Presteigne who are looking for an ambitious individual who wants to develop a career in Accountancy. They are offering a full study package (CIMA or ACCA) for the right candidate who may be AAT qualified or at least have some experience in Accounts and be a strong user of Excel.
This is a very exciting opportunity to join a successful manufacturing business based in Presteigne who are looking for an ambitious individual who wants to develop a career in Accountancy. They are offering a full study package (CIMA or ACCA) for the right candidate who may be AAT qualified or at least have some experience in Accounts and be a strong user of Excel (Pivot tables, Vlookup, SUMIFS).
You will work closely with the Financial Controller who will provide training, support and mentoring. For this exciting opportunity you will need to have excellent organisational ability including time management and prioritising tasks. You will be very accurate with good attention to detail, able to work autonomously and have excellent analytical and numerical abilities. You will have a strong academic background to demonstrate your ability to study and sit exams.
Your role will include the following duties:
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts including journals, reconciliations, overhead analysis. variance analysis and monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Valuation of inventories and work in progress
- Assisting in the production of KPI's
- Assisting with the budgeting and forecasting processes
- Assisting with the preparation of the year end audit file and disclosure information
- Assisting with the preparation and delivery of internal management reports
- Issuing sales invoices and assisting shared services with credit control
- Assist in weekly cash flow reporting
- Working with all stakeholders to provide ad-hoc project work and financial analysis as required
Ideally you will have some experience in the development, production and review of monthly management accounts. It is essential that you have strong IT skills including in particular Excel.
This is an excellent role for an ambitious Assistant Accountant/Assistant Management Accountant/ Accounts Assistant/ Assistant Financial Accountant looking to qualify within a supportive environment. The role is extremely hands on and you will have the chance to put into practice all the knowledge and skills you are developing throughout your studies.
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, pensions contributions up to 6%, full study support, family friendly policy.
Salary: up to £24,100
Hours are 8am – 5.30pm Mon – Thu and 8am - 2pm on Fridays.
Whether you’re seeking a new permanent position or temporary assignment you’ll find us friendly and professional. Located in central Ludlow, Shropshire we focus on jobs in the West Midlands, Shropshire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Powys and UK-wide. Working Solutions has been established for 26 years and with the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.
Salary£20,000 - £25,000 p/a
8am - 5.30 M-Thur, 8am - 2pm Fridays
How to applyPlease Contact Julia Hughes - Senior Recruitment Consultant
01584 877 677
Contact NameJulia Hughes