We are seeking a Chartered Accountant from a corporate background to join our client’s business as Financial Controller and Company Secretary. This is a fantastic opportunity to play an instrumental role in the continued growth and success of a specialist consultancy regulated by the FCA with offices in London and Ludlow, Shropshire. The role reports directly to the Board and involves attending monthly board meetings, plus occasional operations meetings. They will be a mixture of face-to-face in London and online through MS Teams.
- The successful candidate will deliver a lead role in corporate and financial reporting
- Supporting the CEO and Board with internal and external reporting including drafting of the Annual Report
- Company accounts and year end audit, management reporting
- Payroll, budgeting and forecasting
- Developing financial modelling for strategic projects and financial forecasting
- Liaising and helping external tax advisors complete tax compliance requirements
- Reviewing and monitoring balance sheet reconciliations and period end close procedures.
- Experience of GAAP and/or IFRS reporting requirements is desirable.
- You will be responsible for the company’s obligations under GDPR.
- Additionally you will be documenting and maintaining financial reporting procedures
- Developing robust cash forecasting models, and performing capital project assessments as necessary.
- Ideally you will have experience of working for an FCA compliant consultancy or at least a broad knowledge and understanding of the financial services industry and regulatory framework.
As Company Secretary this role will include managing the statutory reporting, tax compliance and insurance renewal and involve working with a variety of senior internal and external stakeholders including liaising with external bodies where needed to provide latest and relevant guidance on Board matters.
The successful candidate will also be involved in special projects including strategic planning and corporate finance and potentially provide support on acquisitions, disposals, negotiation and due diligence.
You will be technically strong, very competent with Excel, have excellent communication skills and good analytical skills. Experience of working within a people/technical service based business is very helpful, together with strong interpersonal skills, a sense of humour, positivity, energy, passion, drive and ambition to help drive the business forward.
This role represents a significant career development opportunity with a very successful company. This is a permanent opportunity and it is appreciated that the right candidate may need to give 3 months’ notice.
What’s on offer? In addition to offering a competitive salary, our client offers flexi-time and a dynamic and friendly working environment with the possibility of a hybrid working arrangement including WFH. They will also consider candidates looking for slightly reduced hours. Our client have offices conveniently based in Ludlow offering free on-site parking.
Located in central Ludlow, Shropshire we focus on jobs in the West Midlands, Shropshire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Powys and UK-wide. Working Solutions has been established for 26 years and with the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.
Salary£50000.00 - £75000.00
RoleFinancial Controller & Company Secretary
How to applyPlease Contact Julia Hughes - Senior Recruitment Consultant
Contact NameJulia Hughes