Our Client, a manufacturer based in Bromyard, is looking to recruit a Production Team Leader to join their team on a Temp to Perm basis. Immediate start.
Production Team Leader required for a large manufacturer in Bromyard. We are looking for someone who has strong people management skills and precious experience working in a Production environment.
Responsible for the manufacturing of components or vehicles being made into finished goods on a specific production line. May include some people management and reporting requirements.
Responsible for the operation of a section within the Manufacturing function, supporting the Manager with the day-to-day management of their manufacturing area, overseeing a group of members and ensuring an efficient operation in achieving business targets. Provide leadership and line management to the team, coordinating their workloads, providing support to ensure that the team delivers, monitoring any issues, and ensuring production targets, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and quality standards are met in order to meet the requirements of the customer. Develop the team by focusing on individual performance and support requirements to achieve high standards, whilst fostering a culture of working safely.
- Work to ensure people and resources are applied in an efficient and effective manner to meet delivery requirements while achieving quality and safety standards·
- Ensure that team members follow defined manufacturing procedures and comply with quality requirements·
- Ensure full adherence to 5S (Sort, Set In Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) practices at all times·
- Ensure equipment is within calibration date and all systems are functioning correctly·
- Ensure all records are completed appropriately·
- Ensure that non-conforming material is clearly identified and segregated·
- Ensure that the escalation procedure for quality concerns is followed·
- Ensure achievement of production throughput against stated capacity targets. ·
- Ensure the team are aware of day to day targets and responsibilities·
- Ensure stock transactions are carried out accurately·
- Complete all works orders·
- Maintain visible lead for adherence to procedures and instructions·
- Monitor change over and/or line set up efficiency·
- Prepare line set-ups for following shifts, including first piece buyoffs·
- Monitor and maintain all safety equipment and tools·
- Undertake continuous training and development·
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems·
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organisation·
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required·
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department·
- Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures·
- Ensure that their area of responsibility is appropriately resourced to meet Health & Safety Requirements with suitably trained people People Management·
- Manage time and attendance for operatives within area of responsibility and support supervisor with people management issues·
- Communicate with staff on a regular basis to make them aware of priorities, targets and operational requirements· Support with recruitment and train staff for products and processes as well as monitor performance and progress to ensure targets are met·
- Report progress updates, key achievements and any concerns to the Warehouse Supervisor and/or Manager· Responsible for daily management and support for the team to achieve operational success·
- Monitor time and attendance and ensure compliance with Company procedures·
- Carry out incident, accident and non-conformity investigations and associated reporting and action closure·
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems·
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviours expected of them·
- Communicate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) from the strategic annual plan so that each employee is aware of expectations and deliverables·
- Provide product expertise within team, and respond to operator queries
Working Hours: The starting rate- £12.35 per hour and the hours will be 5.30am to 1.30pm Monday to Friday with potential to rotate with afternoon shift which is 1.30pm to 11.30pm Monday to Wednesday, 1.30pm to 11pm on Thursdays.
Located in central Ludlow, Shropshire we focus on jobs in the West Midlands, Shropshire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Powys and UK-wide. Working Solutions has been established for 26 years and with the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.