Working Solutions are seeking a committed and experienced individual with proved relevant skills to join our Client. You will be working from a home working office based in Shropshire and undertake the role of Executive Assistant and Collection Administrator.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Director in delivering the efficient operation of company activities with a focus on the Art Collection.
The mission of our Client is to give public access to a privately-owned collection and enhance the understanding and enjoyment of 20th and 21st century British art.
This private Collection comprises just under 300 works of Modern and Contemporary British art and continues to grow with new acquisitions and donations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and update the database
- Create content and post on the company instagram
- Ensure all collection copyright licenses are up to date
- Update ArtUK and Bridgeman with new purchases when necessary
- Load collection information onto Vastari website
- Administer all loan paperwork and filing all records
- Write draft copy for material relating to the art collection works and news
- Ensure all collection photography is up to date and image files and named and listed correctly
- Keep collection website up to date
- Oversee transport of collection items to borrowing venues including getting competitive quotes
- Other duties as may be reasonably required
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Acting as first point of contact for all enquiries
- Maintaining the database
- Supporting the Chairman with the homeworking office in Shropshire
Essential skills and experience
- A demonstrable passion for and interest in the arts
- At least 1 years experience of collection management or similar
- Excellent IT and numerical skills, including use of standard office software, databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to represent our Client to the highest standard
- Experience maintaining websites and producing social media content
- An ability to work directly and build high quality relationships with a range of stakeholders
- The ability to plan and prioritise own workload, to thrive calmly under pressure and to effectively problem solve
- High standards of personal organisation; an understanding of the importance of attention to detail and complete confidentiality, when appropriate
- An independent approach – and a good sense of humour
- An ability to work closely with a small team
- A flexible approach, a willingness to ‘pitch in’ with a ‘can do’ attitude
Hours: 5 days per week: 9.30am – 12.30pm 3 hours per day
You will be on a temporary 12 month contract via Working Solutions (Mercia) Limited. You will accrue holiday pay from Day 1 and be paid weekly at the rate of £12.50 per hour. Start date:Mid-June.
Located in central Ludlow, Shropshire we focus on jobs in the West Midlands, Shropshire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Powys and UK-wide. Working Solutions has been established for 26 years and with the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.