What is the job all about?
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a 3 month assignment (with the potential to increase to 6 months) working from home. The organisation is based in Craven Arms and you will need to live within reach of their offices to collect the IT equipment and liaise with staff. Essential skills include strong copywriting skills, good knowledge of social media, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and Adobe Creative Cloud.
In particular you will need to have the following Marketing skills:
Knowledge of developing and implementing marketing plans and strategies / Attention to detail and presenting work to a high standard / Experience of targeted communication/marketing campaigns, measuring their impact and success / Experience of managing social channels and content / Experience of researching and writing copy / Ability to produce customer information (annual reports, organisational literature, customer newsletters and adverts) / Write and edit articles and copy for the organisation and liaise with press etc. / Maintain social media channels and presence in line with brand guidelines / Develop a network of journalists and contacts in all media / Support the Brand Manager to deliver the brand simplification programme / Manage the day-to-day delivery of any relevant marketing, communications and digital projects / increase awareness and use of the organisation’s website and social channels.
Additionally you need to be confident using a variety of IT systems and packages:
Experience of maintaining and editing websites / Managing and maintaining an intranet / develop the organisation’s image library
To be suitable for this role you will be:
The organisation is based in Craven Arms and you will need to live within reach of their offices to collect the IT equipment and liaise with staff. Available to start work immediately after interview and reference checking. Ideally educated to degree level in Communications/Marketing or equivalent qualification and able to demonstrate a strong and successful track record in using the above tools and skills.
You will be working with a supportive and forward thinking organisation and be provided with all the necessary equipment and software that you need to be successful in this exciting role.
You will work on a temporary contract through Working Solutions (Mercia) Limited. You will accrue Holiday Pay from Day 1 and be paid weekly at the rate of £13.68 / £14.71 per hour (DOE). Hours are 9am – 5pm (35 hours per week).
Located in central Ludlow, Shropshire we focus on jobs in the West Midlands and UK-wide. Working Solutions has been established for 26 years and with the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.
• Proven copywriting and editorial skills
• Excellent written and verbal communications, including accurate spelling and grammar
• Knowledge of marketing plans and strategies
• Attention to detail and presenting work to a high standard
• Excellent presentation skills
•• Experience of targeted communication/marketing campaigns, measuring the impact and success
• Experience of managing social channels and content
• Experience of researching and writing copy
• Experience of developing and implementing plans and campaigns
• Experience of computerized office systems and software packages • Experience of maintaining and editing websites
• Experience of managing and maintaining an intranet
• Experience of working with partners/stakeholders/press
• Standard office hours but with the flexibility to work outside of these to meet business needs
• Requirement to travel between business locations and to meet requirements of the role
• Commitment to further training and development as required by the role
• Support development of digital communications with our customers, understanding what matters to them when they communicate with us
• Complete an annual review of literature to challenge the information we produce and in what format Deliver the organisations communications and marketing approach, ensuring plans and messages are developed to target appropriate markets and audiences, which raise the profile of Connexus and create opportunities for the Group.
• Ensure that Connexus communicates with customers and stakeholders in a clear and effective manner, providing guidance and support to colleagues
• Produce customer information, including: annual reports, organisational literature, customer newsletters and adverts
• Write and edit articles and copy for the organisation
• Advise colleagues on the best communication mechanisms according to the message and target audience
• Maintain copy for company websites, liaising with relevant teams for accuracy of information
• Maintain social media channels and presence in line with brand guidelines
• Develop a network of journalists and contacts in all media, manage those relationships, including briefing the media on the work of Connexus and promoting its achievements
• Respond to media enquiries in an effective and timely manner, liaising with relevant colleagues and preparing and issuing statements
• Develop plans for promotion of key events and activities
• Develop marketing plans
• Produce promotional material in line with brand guidelines
• Support the Brand Manager to deliver the brand simplification programme • Develop and maintain a company intranet that is up-to-date, accurate, relevant and communicates key messages
• Provide support and training to colleagues to enable effective use of the intranet as the key internal communications tool
• Support the tendering exercise for external suppliers required for Marketing and Communications
• Develop the organisations image library
• Increase awareness and use of the organisations websites and social channels
• Manage the day-to-day delivery of any relevant marketing, communications and digital projects