Our Client is a market leading manufacturer based in North Herefordshire and they are now looking to recruit a 3rd Line Technical Engineer to support their large infrastructure
The role will be to monitor the health of servers and services within the estate and rectify any issues that occurs in a proactive manner and maintain the divisions infrastructure uptime. In addition to this you will work on various major IT projects to proactively improve the technical environment and the service we deliver to the business. This is a divisional role based either at our head office in Herefordshire. You must be prepared to travel to remote sites world-wide as the need arises.
As the 3rd Line Technical Engineer, you will assist in the development and mentoring of more junior members of staff. You will provide an effective interface between the service desk and service providers supplying all necessary diagnostic information. Assist in maintaining the IT knowledgebase, through clear and accurate documentation of systems and related business procedures
You will resolve requests, incidents, problems and major incidents assigned to your team within service level agreements. Work with the Technical Services Manager to plan, schedule and monitor work activities of the team in order to meet business needs.
Propose, discus and evaluate potential solutions with the technical services manager and implement agreed modifications or workarounds as directed. Perform on-site hardware and software root cause fixes and where necessary work rounds across multiple sites. You will work towards service improvements.
You will be required to provide support outside of normal working hours either as part of a rota or on an ad hoc basis to meet business requirements.
You will have previous technical experience working as a Level 3 engineer in an enterprise environment. Your experience, skills and qualifications will include at least 70% of the following core skills:
- Experience of working in an enterprise environment
- Advanced knowledge of VMware vSphere
- Advanced knowledge of key infrastructure platforms and tools: Active Directory, Citrix, VDI, Microsoft Server 2012/2016, Office 365 & Exchange Online
- Strong working knowledge of System Centre 2012 including Operations and
Configuration Manager including OS deployment of Windows 10
- Experience in application discovery and application packaging
- Strong understanding of WAN, Cisco LAN and WLAN networking concepts including: TCP/IP, DHCP, WINS, DNS
- PowerShell scripting skills
- Managing VPN Technologies
- McAffee Antivirus
- Server and client patching
- SQL 2016 Management
- Patch and Cable Management
- InTune Mobile Device Management
You will also have the ability to work as part of a team or on your own initiative, and have a full UK driving license.
This is a fantastic role for the right person, if that sounds like you then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01584 877677. Working Solutions are acting as an agency on this position and only those candidates able to work in the UK need apply.