Our client is looking for a mobile Catering Manager to work in and around the Kidderminster area.
Our client is looking for a mobile Catering Manager to work in and around the Kidderminster area. This is a permanent role working 30 hours per week, Mon-Fri between 8.00am and 3.00pm rising to 35 hours per week on occasions. Term time only plus 3 cleaning days. An enhanced DBS check is required for all school posts.
The candidate will be responsible for the day to day management of the catering contract at the site to which they are appointed. To ensure that the service is provided to the full satisfaction of the client and that all legislative and procedural arrangements are in place and effectively managed.
The candidate will be:
- responsible to the Area Supervisor who is in turn responsible for the post holder’s health and safety, training and development.
- responsible and accountable for a large team of over 10 staff acting in a supervisory/managerial capacity, monitoring performance, supporting development and undertaking annual appraisals.
- expected to contribute to a range of projects and build relations with both internal and external partners in order achieve specified outcomes, but will not have direct authority over those involved.
- responsible for an approximate budget of over £150,000 per annum and the effective maintenance of kitchen equipment, vehicles and the kitchen environment.
- To ensure the services are provided at the most efficient and economic levels and are operated to set policies, procedures and standards.
- To assume responsibility for the control and operational management of catering outlets on a relief basis as instructed by the Area Manager.
- To ensure that the catering services are of the highest standard, and to make recommendations to the Area Manager for improvements where appropriate.
- Organisation and supervision of staff and staffing levels.
- Menu planning, production, portion control and food ordering.
- Monitoring of cleaning materials and light equipment orders.
- Compliance control to procedures within kitchen area.
- Operational control of service points.
- Delivering a quality service.
- Ensuring Equipment is maintained and safe to use.
- To attend training courses and Cooks meeting.
- Developing and promoting the service as directed by the Area Catering team
- To uphold any financial control relating to budgets and banking procedure.
- To ensure any unresolved breaches of operation or behaviour are brought to the immediate attention of the Area team.
- To develop and maintain sound positive relations with all customers and clients.
- To record and manage the absence/attendance of all personnel for whom you are responsible and to ensure that each unit is adequately staffed at all times.
- Prepare quality food to policies and procedures and to service requirements
- Uphold financial control relating to food and labour and banking procedure.
- Maintain and monitor training records of al staff.
- Allergen management on site and across area.
- Support any promotional activity.
- Work cleaning days per year.
These duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The successful candidate will be expected to become involved in a range of work to enable the service to respond effectively to the changing requirements of the Client and changes affecting the workforce.
Performance & Customer Focus
The successful candidate will ensure they:
- adopt a customer focused approach when delivering their service, ensuring engagement with service users and maintenance of an appropriate personal profile
- act as an advocate for their service and work collaboratively with colleagues
- meet individual, service and personal development targets agreed through the Personal Development Review Process, learn from experience and are committed to continuous improvement individually and as an employee of our Client
- work with colleagues to meet the team’s key performance indicators, support a culture of team working and ensure the team functions successfully in support of the Client's corporate and service objectives.
- meet the behaviours and competencies adopted by the Client in the way in which they achieve their objectives and carry out their work.
This is a fantastic role for the right person, if that sounds like you then please send your CV to email@example.com or call on 01584 877677. Working Solutions are acting as an agency on this position and only those candidates able to work in the UK need apply.
RoleMobile Catering Manager
8.00am - 3.00pm Mon - Fri
How to applyPlease Contact Esme Hamblin - Recruitment Consultant
01584 877 677
Contact NameEsme Hamblin