Responsible for ensuring goods are delivered in a first-class condition, completing all necessary paperwork and above all, leaving everyone you meet with a positive impression of you and our business.
- Ensure compliance with statutory obligations regarding working time legislation and operator licensing
- Assist with loading of vehicles to ensure they are safely loaded and secure for transit
- Ensure the products we supply, conform to our contractual, legal and internal quality requirements
- Confirm goods with Customers and ensure a signature is obtained
- Provide excellent customer service
- Communicating effectively and accurately with suppliers, clients and colleagues
- On delivery effectively assist customer with any queries and contact Transport Office for assistance if required
- Look after the vehicle and ensure that it is not subjected to unnecessary damage
- Maintain the cleanliness of the driving cab
- Document and log work/rest periods and distance spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Report any accidents as soon as possible and in compliance with the company’s accident reporting procedure
- Complete vehicle daily inspection sheet and report any damage or defects immediately
- Responsible for attending CPC training in order to carry out the driver role
- To provide support in the Yard as required by the Transport Manager
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, to include the Company Standards of Performance and Health and Safety Policy
- High levels of Health and Safety standards
- Relevant Drivers licence
- Current CPC
- Numerate and literate
- Excellent verbal communication
- Ability to communicate effectively with Customers and Co-Workers
- Diligent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
Hours: Basic hours are Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm with 1 hour for lunch.
Approx. 2 nights out per week.
This is a fantastic role for the right person, if that sounds like you then please send your CV to email@example.com or call on 01584 877677. Working Solutions are acting as an agency on this position and only those candidates able to work in the UK need apply.