Our Clients are looking to recruit cooks to work in and around the Kidderminster area on a permanent basis for 30 hours per week, Mon-Fri, during term time plus cleaning days.
Mobile Relief Cook required for very busy school kitchens, must have flair & good organisational skills Duties will involve helping the cook in charge in all aspects of food production & service of school meals.
An enhanced DBS check is required for school posts.
The post holder will be responsible for the day to day management of the catering service at the site to which they are appointed. To ensure that the service is provided to the full satisfaction of the client and that all legislative and procedural arrangements are in place and effectively managed.
The successful candidate will be:
- responsible to the Area Supervisor who is in turn responsible for the candidates health and safety, training and development.
- responsible and accountable for a team of up to 5 staff acting in a supervisory/managerial capacity, monitoring performance, supporting development and undertaking annual appraisals.
- expected to contribute to a range of projects and build relations with both internal and external partners in order to achieve specified outcomes, but will not have direct authority over those involved.
- responsible for an approximate budget of £50,000 to £100,000 per annum and the effective maintenance of kitchen equipment and the kitchen environment.
- To ensure the catering service is provided as efficiently as possible and operated in line with procedures.
- The management and supervision of a small team (1 -4 team members) of catering staff working at multiple locations across the site.
- Monitoring the sickness and absence of staff.
- Management of teams to ensure that sufficient staff are available to provide the level of service expected by the client. Unresolved staffing shortages should be highlighted to the Area Team as appropriate.
- The management and supervision of a team of catering staff providing catering services to a number of sites.
- To ensure all policies and procedures are implemented as directed.
- To maintain appropriate levels of food stocks to ensure the food service can be delivered as required with the minimum amount of waste.
- To complete weekly financial accounts using various electronic formats.
- To record and monitor the food cost per meal, meals prepared and income collected.
- To ensure all paperwork and records are completed accurately and submitted to head office according to the specified timetable.
- Preparation and cooking of food as dictated by the menu cycle and Recipe Manual to achieve the required high standard of food for service.
- To ensure that any unresolved staffing issues in relation to poor performance, behaviour, safety or relationships are highlighted to the Area Team at the earliest opportunity.
- Ordering, managing and monitoring of stock of cleaning materials, light equipment, and other sundry items.
- To ensure the cash collecting and handling adheres to procedures.
- To ensure the kitchen and dining room areas are maintained in a clean and tidy condition.
- To ensure all kitchen equipment is maintained and safe to use, reporting any faults immediately.
- To ensure that the Catering Team are fully aware of and adhere to the Allergen policy and procedures.
- To build and maintain a positive relationship with the client and all customers, reporting any areas of concern to the Area Team immediately.
- To Liaise with the on-site Client on a regular basis to review the Profit and Loss account and operational aspects of the service with the Area Management team.
- To work with the client promoting healthy eating to customers and supporting additional activities such as cookery clubs, growing clubs and attendance at parent’s evenings and student council meetings.
These duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The post holder will be expected to become involved in a range of work to enable the service to respond effectively to the changing requirements of the Council and changes affecting the workforce.
Performance & Customer Focus
The post holder will ensure they:
- adopt a customer focused approach when delivering their service, ensuring engagement with service users and maintenance of an appropriate personal profile,
- act as an advocate for their service and work collaboratively with colleagues.
- meet individual, service and personal development targets agreed through the Personal Development Review Process, learn from experience and are committed to continuous improvement individually and as an employee
- work with colleagues to meet the team’s key performance indicators, support a culture of team working and ensure the team functions successfully in support of the corporate and service objectives.
- meet the behaviours and competencies adopted in the way in which they achieve their objectives and carry out their work.
This is a fantastic role for the right person, if that sounds like you then please send your CV to email@example.com or call on 01584 877677. Working Solutions are acting as an agency on this position and only those candidates able to work in the UK need apply.