This is an exciting opportunity to join a vibrant, fast moving technology company based in Craven Arms and with offices in the US, Canada and Australia. Our client is looking for a part-qualified accountant or someone with strong IT and mathematical skills who is keen to obtain professional qualifications in the Accounting field and has relevant experience. You will need to be ambitious, with great communication skills.
The UK Accountant reports to the Head of Accounting.
- Production of month end management accounts for review by the Head of Accounting. This will include ensuring the month end check list is complete.
- Preparation of monthly cashflow forecast for UK entity.
- Review the creditor balances at least weekly and ensure all balances are valid and correctly stated.
- Oversight of UK bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Oversight of all inputs in SAGE for all of the group companies
- Working with external advisors on an ad hoc basis to ensure all relevant tax filings are performed including VAT returns and Corporation Tax.
- Working with external advisors to prepare Annual Financial Statements.
- Establish and maintain a strong controls environment within the accounting team, including the completion of the procedure’s manual for finance.
- Prepare the budget for each location’s operating expenses on an annual basis and ensure results are discussed with Finance on a monthly basis including variances to plan.
- Manage the lease and debt book to ensure payments are made on a timely basis and reconcile to amounts payable.
- Oversight of all UK premises for lease renewal dates.
- Experience of implementing enhanced Management Information Systems an advantage.
Working hours are 9.30 - 5.30 pm with one hour for lunch.
Our client has a policy of flexibility and working hours can be changed by agreement, including home working.
20 days holiday plus all UK bank holidays. Our client offers employees a Pension Scheme which is not compulsory.
Company laptop will be provided.
The business will be closed between Christmas and New Year and no holiday needs to be taken for that.
Opportunity to travel to our client’s other offices.
The salary offered is between £24K - £30K depending on your qualifications, skills and experience. If this sounds like the kind of role that fits you and you’re keen to apply please send your CV in confidence to Julia Hughes, Julia@workingsolutions.co.uk.
Working Solutions are acting as an agency on this position and only those candidates able to work in the UK need apply.