Mechanical Design Engineer / Project Engineer / 3D CAD
£35,000 - £45,000 / Permanent / Full Time
The role will involve close coordination with both the Process Engineer and Site Installation teams to ensure a fully integrated design is produced. To become involved during the site installation to ensure that good engineering practice is adhered to, on-going technical queries are dealt with in a timely fashion and both good and bad experiences are fed back into future designs to ensure that we learnt from our experiences.
What is the job about?
- To provide initial conceptual arrangement drawings for proposals and develop into 3D models and 2D general arrangement drawings
- To provide mechanical design input to ensure that the design outputs are achieved on time, meet the design requirements, and achieve an acceptable level of quality.
- To ensure that the design is fully integrated and coordinated with both the Process Engineer, Civil Designer and Electrical Engineer.
- To read and review relevant specifications and to incorporate feedback to ensure that the mechanical design incorporates all requirements.
- Identify potential technical improvements and cost savings for the work packages.
- Where appropriate to act as project engineer in managing and coordinating work packages and associated deliverables, including design, procurement, site liaison.
- To provide mechanical design support/ throughout the project (i.e. feasibility, outline design, detailed design, construction and commissioning).
- To develop best value, robust designs solutions which can withstand external challenge.
- To understand and communicate the mechanical design risk and assumptions associated with the project and support the Design team in managing this risk. To record the risks and assumptions as the project progresses.
- To offer technical guidance and governance for design review meetings and assessments to ensure that risks and hazards are designed out or minimised to an acceptable level.
- To provide technical guidance during the installation phase of project construction to ensure that mechanically it is installed safely and in line with requirements.
- To maintain excellent working relationships with the clients' representatives, site and office staff and suppliers and key subcontractors.
Key Skills, Qualifications and Knowledge
- BTEC / HNC Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience using Autodesk 3D and 2D CAD packages
- Ability to develop conceptual arrangement drawings and high level architectural images at proposals stage
- Ability to develop detailed pipework and mechanical support details
- Ability to adapt plans to changing circumstances
- Ability to follow designs through from initial outline phase through to site installation and commissioning
- Good communication skills
- Prepared to travel
- Full driving license
- Knowledge legislative safety & design standards
- Good problem solving skills
- Team Player
- To be able to work to tight deadlines
For this excellent opportunity please email your CV directly to Julia Hughes, Julia@workingsolutions.co.uk.
Working Solutions are acting as an agency on this position and only those candidates able to work in the UK are eligible to apply. Please note if this role is not quite right for you, but you are considering a move, I encourage you to still get in contact to discuss your next ideal move.
Whether you’re seeking a new permanent position or temporary assignment you’ll find us friendly and professional. Located in central Ludlow, Shropshire we focus on jobs in the West Midlands and UK-wide. Working Solutions has been established for 26 years and with the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.
£25,000 / Permanent / Full Time
£26,000 / Permanent / Full Time
Senior Land Surveyor
National from a base in Telford
£27,000 / Permanent / Full Time
Rates Reduction Surveyor
W London or Working From Home
£40,000 / Permanent / Full Time
Welder / Fabricator
£10.39 / Permanent / Full Time
£25,000 / Permanent / Full Time
Prototype Development Engineer
Permanent / Full Time
£12 / Permanent / Full Time