£40,000 / Permanent / Full Time
Our client is a Shropshire based manufacturer of components for automotive and industrial sectors and they have an immediate opening for an Operations Manager to take a pivotal role in their successful, expanding business. The company manufactures and services components for some of the most recognisable brand names in the world with their main customers having a dedicated service section embedded within the business.
The right candidate for this exciting opportunity will have a background in technical manufacturing and first class internal and external customer service with an appetite for maintaining and developing the growth of this very successful business.
Who our client is looking for:
- A motivated and driven individual.
- A high level of understanding of IT systems and processes including SAP (ideally SAP Business One).
- Process driven with a special attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think laterally when faced with a problem.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ambition to be a driving force in company improvements.
- Strong geographical knowledge of the UK is very useful.
Essential experience required:
- Management experience, ideally within field service and/or a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a customer facing role.
- Knowledge of and experience with SAP (ideally SAP Business One).
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage effectively the day to day operation of both the Sales and Service teams via the operational team Managers.
- Support the development of the Operational Team Leaders via ongoing coaching and mentoring.
- Manage, motivate, trainand continually develop the members of the Sales and Service teams.
- Set & manage KPI’s for the departments, track and review results. Manage results versus targets for both departments.
- Review and maintain the SAP Business One management system.
- Responsible for investigating stock discrepancies, including negatives, unfound and sold out, and reporting the information to relevant managers including the Stock Accountant.
- Ensure operational standards are maintained and are in line with our client’s processes.
- Responsible for maintaining and re-ordering of general consumables
- Liaise with retained H&S consultancy, ensure the Sales and Service department is compliant with current Health and Safety regulations, H&S audit check and that the team is trained appropriately.
- Conduct twice a year performance reviews within all departments
- Hold quarterly communication briefs with all departments
- Keep training documentation up to date and ensure additional training is providedif required
- Maintain ISO 9001/14001 files
- As Operations Manager you will be responsible for maintaining company records including HR files (holidays, sickness and personnel records).
To apply for this excellent opportunity please send your CV with a brief cover letter to Julia@workingsolutions.co.uk or call us on 01584 877677. Working Solutions are acting as an agency on this position and you need to show you have the right to work in the UK at interview.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful however, we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.
Working Solutions are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Whether you’re seeking a new permanent position or temporary assignment you’ll find us friendly and professional. Located in central Ludlow, Shropshire we focus on jobs in the West Midlands and UK-wide. Working Solutions has been established for 26 years and with the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.