Innovation Funding Consultant (R&D): STEM degree required
£35,000 - £42,000 / Permanent / Full Time
Are you a Masters or PhD STEM graduate with 1 year min R&D Tax Relief experience AND/OR prior industrial experience in engineering or science R&D dept?
Salary: £35,000 - £42,000, realistic OTE £130,000
Excellent opportunity for a STEM graduate to join a highly successful, expanding consultancy. You will be responsible for working consultatively in the delivery of innovation funding products (R&D Tax Relief, Patent Box etc) including both technical and financial aspects.
Work - based training and development provided
Working closely with an expert commercial team, you will be responsible for managing an extensive and varied client portfolio, onboarding new clients and guiding them through the process. The role also includes providing feedback to the commercial team to inform new lines of enquiry and to provide expert tax advice as appropriate to clients.
- Manage and deliver a client portfolio with value in excess of £1 million revenue per annum
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment and deal with deadline pressures
- Capability for high volume work whilst maintaining attention to detail and high accuracy
- Effective time management is essential
- Develop financial knowledge and expertise to be capable of providing R&D tax specific advice to clients
- Deliver technical reports and financial analyses with an exceptional level of accuracy
- Provide exceptional client management skills so as to extend the network of the company
- Work autonomously and independently
- Share knowledge of previous technical areas and develop further technical curiosity
- Relish work-based training and development opportunities
- Enjoy the company culture!
- 1 year minimum of previous R&D Tax Relief experience and/or prior industrial experience in engineering or science R&D sectors
- Excellent written skills
- Proven problem solving abilities
- High attention to detail
- Masters or PhD/EngD degree in a science or engineering subject
- Excellent MS Office skills (Word and Excel)
- Ability to work autonomously with high productivity and accuracy
- Excellent teamwork skills
What are the benefits?
- In addition to a competitve salary, commission is payable on all fees earned + 1% bonus. This means a realistic OTE of £130k for on target performance
- Pension 5% employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Private medical cover
- 25 days holiday + 1 for birthday (increasing by 1 per year)
- Potential sponsorship if you are looking to progress within ACCA/CTA/ATT
- Other benefits and discounts
Standard hours are Monday - Friday 9 - 5.30pm; overtime hours worked will be reflected in commission and bonuses paid. Hybrid working: 3 days in the office, 2 WFH.
To apply for this excellent opportunity, please send your CV in Word format to Julia Hughes email@example.com or call us on 01584 877677. Please also attach a cover letter stating why you are interested in this role.
Working Solutions are acting as an agency on this position. We will expect you to bring evidence of Right to work in the UK if you are shortlisted for interview.
Whether you’re seeking a new permanent position or temporary assignment you’ll find us friendly and professional. Located in central Ludlow, Shropshire we focus on jobs in the West Midlands and UK-wide. Working Solutions has been established for 27 years and with the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.