Assistant Accountant - Study Support
£25,000 - £30,000 / Permanent / Full Time
Our client is looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their team in a busy department, reporting to the Finance Business Partner. This is an excellent opportunity if you have 2 - 3 years' experience in a Finance role and be working towards a professional finance qualification or qualified by experience. For the right candidate, the company are able to offer study support towards further accountancy related qualifications. This is an office-based role.
- Analysis and reconciliation of daily banking and of sales / purchase / payroll ledgers
- Preparation of journals to enable the analysis of margins and departmental performance as well as monthly management accounts.
- Assist in the timely production of monthly management accounts including budgeting, P&L statements, balance sheet reconciliations, cashflow forecasting.
- Assisting the Finance Business Partner preparing quarterly reports including VAT.
- Assist in preparing financial information to support key decisions and achieve business targets, KPIs and the communication of financial data to non-financial stakeholders.
- Work with Finance Assistants and the Payroll Administrator.
- Assist the Finance Business Partner with stock management.
To be shortlisted for this excellent role you will have at least 2 years' experience in a finance role and have the confidence and skill to identify and resolve problems without direct supervision. You will have strong Excel skills (able to use formulae, Look Up and Pivot tables).
Our client is ideally looking for someone AAT3 or AAT4 qualified with experience using SAP B1 (or SAP) as well as Pegasus Opera (payroll system), however training is available to the right person.
If you are an analytical person who is confident with your Excel skills and wants to continue to learn and develop this is a great opportunity to join an amazing finance team! If you are part-qualified and looking to build on your qualifications we encourage you to apply.
SALARY: £25,000 - £30,000 (DOE) + free parking.
If you think that you might be a good fit for this exciting role then please get in touch immediately as the client are looking to fill this role quickly. Email your most up to date CV to Julia@workingsolutions.co.uk or call 01584 877677 to speak with Julia.
Whether you’re seeking a new permanent position or temporary assignment you’ll find us friendly and professional. Located in central Ludlow, Shropshire we focus on jobs in the West Midlands and UK-wide. Working Solutions has been established for 27 years and with the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 7 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful however, we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.